Look Back at Annual 2022!
Major themes that resonated throughout the conference included book bans and censorship; issues around diversity, equity, and inclusion; examples of successful library programming during the pandemic; library funding strategies; patron and library worker safety; information access; and technology trends and challenges.
Annual Mobile App
Get your information on the go when you download the ALA Annual Mobile App.
Opening General Session
In Conversation: ALA President Patricia “Patty” Wong and FCC Chairwoman Jessica Rosenworcel
ALA President’s Program
Advancing the Asian American Story: A Conversation with Publishers, Literacy Advocates, and Storytellers
Defending the Fifth Freedom
A Reading and Panel Discussion, Moderated by ALA Executive Director Tracie D. Hall
Dr. Carla Hayden, Librarian of Congress
Discussing the role of libraries and librarians in the misinformation age
The Library Marketplace:
Exhibits, Stages & Resources
Learn, innovate, and have fun in the Library Marketplace!
More than 550 exhibitors and 130+ author presentations on 8 LIVE Stages!
NEW at the Annual Conference!
The Digital Experience
A curated selection of speaker and education sessions live-streamed directly from the conference in Washington, D.C. The Digital Experience registration will also include access to the on-demand content from these sessions until August 31, 2022.
As the world's biggest library event, the onsite Annual Conference & Exhibition brings together thousands of librarians and library staff, educators, authors, publishers, friends of libraries, trustees, special guests, and exhibitors. You'll find educational programming; important announcements and updates; relevant legislation and policies; and discussions that majorly impact libraries, their roles, and their ongoing transformation.
- Educational programming, created and curated by library professionals
- News You Can Use Sessions with updates that highlight new research, innovations, and advances in libraries
- Memorable and inspiring speakers
- The Library Marketplace with more than 550 participating exhibitors, nine LIVE Stages, ARCs, and more
- Presidents' and Chair Programs
- The Digital Experience with curated sessions live-streamed directly from Washington, D.C.
- Top-tier authors
- Fun and entertaining networking opportunities to share and connect with peers — and more!