Call for Education Program Proposals
Thank you for your interest in submitting an education program proposal for the 2022 Annual Conference. Below you will find frequently asked questions about the submission process and links to helpful documents.
FAQs for Submitting an Education Program Proposal
1. Where can I find a timeline of important dates?
A full timeline of Program Proposal Submissions Dates and Deadlines can be found by clicking this link for the Annual Conference Program Submission Information Packet.
2. Important dates to remember:
- Submission site opens: August 23, 2021
- Submission site closes: October 1, 2021
- Program decisions announced: December 2021
- Schedule of Sessions Announced: January 2022
3. What are the submission requirements?
The submission requirements vary by division, but all include: Submission Title, Submission Unit, Submission Description, Proposal Subject and Audience Information, Learning Objectives, and Program Room Logistical Requirements. Please note that all submissions also require a minimum of 1 contact person, 1 speaker, and 1 moderator (final names of speakers and moderators are not required at the time of submission but are recommended). For more details on the submission requirements, please click this link for the Annual Conference Program Submission Information Packet.
4. Is there a rubric I can view with criteria on how proposals will be scored?
Click here to view the Proposal Review Guidelines Rubric. It describes the criteria required to receive a high proposal submission score. Carefully review the rubric and keep it available for reference when creating your proposal. Jury members will be using the rubric to review proposals and score submissions.
5. Do you offer any tips for writing a program proposal?
6. How long are the education program sessions at the Annual Conference?
All education programs are 60 minutes in length and may include 10-15 minutes of Q&A.
7. Does ALA have a Code of Conduct for conferences?
Yes, click here for the Statement of Appropriate Conduct at ALA Conferences that all presenters and attendees are required to follow posted on our website.
8. If my proposal is accepted, am I responsible for my own travel, accommodation, and registration fees?
Yes, all presenters are responsible for their own travel, accommodation, and registration fees.
9. Will the education programs be recorded?
Audio and video recordings of the sessions, that we have permission to release, will be made available post-conference. An announcement will be made via email to all registrants.
Helpful Document Links
- Annual Conference Program Submission Information Packet
- Tips for Submitting a Program Proposal
- Proposal Review Guidelines Rubric